Monday, May 5, 2008

Star-bucked

So... I stopped by Starbucks to get some coffee and see who's displaying there now. Same few pieces that have been there for a long time. It's a nice space for art, really. Big blank wall. Well lit. Nice gallery-style hanging system. Jazz music playing . . .
I asked to see the manager regarding displaying some of my paintings. He was expected back any minute. So, I sat and drank my coffee and did a sketch of the wall where 3 of my large oil paintings would look very spiffy.

After some time, the nice lady who poured my coffee came over and said "The manager's back, but he's really busy. And, he's not sure what he's going to do about displaying art yet. He's been here for under a year. [ummm . . . O.K.] Can you come back in, like 2 or 3 weeks, maybe bring some samples?"
To which I replied "I have some in my car."

"Well, still. Maybe in a few weeks."

Maybe it's a liability thing. I don't know.
I'll do a mock-up of the paintings hanging on the wall, with spot lighting and stuff.

He won't be able to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment